A blog is a webpage that you create yourself! A blog can be about any subject you are interested in. Writing a blog on Funky English is very easy - follow these 10 steps below to create your first blog!
Your blog can be as short or as long as you like! Have a play and see what you can create!
An example of a completed blog post - My City - Portsmouth
1. Click here - FunkyEnglish Blogs
2. Click the Add button - top right of the page.
- Add a new blog
3. This is your blog page! Addtitle to your blog. Make the title short and interesting so people will want to read your blog!
4. Add your blog text - whatever you are writing about - to the main box. You can adjust the size, alignment, use bold and italics using the menu. You can also use bullet points and a list of numbers.
- Text menu
5. Save your work as you go! This way you won't lose it if your computer crashes. Click Save as Draft at the bottom of the screen - you can continue editing after you have saved!
- Save and continue working
6. Add your pictures to the blog using the Image button in the menu at the top of the blog screen. Resize your pictures before you add them to your blog!
- Image button
7. Add movies from YouTube or video sharing sites using the Media button in the menu at the top of the blog screen. You need to get the code from YouTube using Share and then Embed. After you click Embed you can resize the video in YouTube before you copy the code! Copy the code then paste into the Media box.
- Video button
8. Add links to other websites using the Link button in the menu at the top of the blog screen - Copy and paste you link into the box and add a title for your link!
- Link button
9. Click Preview to check your blog is finished and looking good. You can still make changes if you are unhappy with anything.
- Preview button
10. Is your blog finished? Click Publish Post - After you have published you can share your blog on Facebook or Twitter!
- Publish button
If you have any questions please add a comment below or ask me in the chat room. I look forward to seeing your English language blogs!
Teacher Jamie :)
Add a Comment