Situational Dialogues 7: Asking for Directions
Complete the conversations below with the best answer:
- Sarah is in New York and she is lost. She finds someone to ask for directions. Sarah says:__________
- Hello. Would you know where to go?
- Do you know where I am? Excuse me.
- Would you be able to show me? I don't know.
- Excuse me. I am lost. Can you help me?
Excuse me. I am lost. Can you help me?
- The man Sarah ask for directions is not from New York. He says to Sarah:__________
- Sorry, but I'm just visiting. I don't know the city very well.
- Hello. We must buy a map together.
- I can't help you. This is not my city.
- I am not from here. Please do not ask me again.
Sorry, but I'm just visiting. I don't know the city very well.
- The next person Sarah asks is local. Sarah asks her:__________
- I want to see the Empire State Building. Where is it?
- Is the Empire State Building somewhere?
- Could you please tell me how to get to the Empire State Building?
- The Empire State Building. Could you please show me?
Could you please tell me how to get to the Empire State Building?
- The Empire State Building is quite far away, so the lady from New York says to Sarah:__________
- The building is not near us. You can't go.
- I am sorry but it's not here. You must go away.
- Where are you going? It's very far from here.
- It's too far to walk. You should take a taxi.
It's too far to walk. You should take a taxi.
- Sarah decides to get a taxi. She asks:__________
- Who is the taxi driver?
- Where can I get a taxi from?
- What is the taxi doing?
- Why can you get a taxi?
Where can I get a taxi from?
- The lady tells Sarah where to find a taxi. She says:__________
- You go straight on then turn left. The taxi rank is opposite the hotel.
- The taxi can be found straight over.
- You must turn left then turn around. It will be around there.
- If you want to see the taxi you must go right and under the bridge.
You go straight on then turn left. The taxi rank is opposite the hotel.
- Sarah wants to know how much she should expect to pay the taxi. Sarah asks:__________
- How many dollars will I have to pay?
- To go to the building will cost what?
- How much do you think the taxi will cost?
- Do you think the taxi will cost some money?
How much do you think the taxi will cost?
- The lady tells Sarah that the taxi should cost less than $20. Sarah says to the lady: __________
- You have been marvellous. I am thanking you.
- Thank you. You are a kind.
- Thank you so much for your help.
- You are thanking me. I want to thank you too.
Thank you so much for your help.
- Sarah finds the taxi rank. She gets into the taxi and says:___________
- If the price is right the Empire State building.
- The Empire State Building please. How much will that be?
- I want to visit the Empire State Building. Do you have $20?
- Thank you for the lift. Would you be able to do it?
The Empire State Building please. How much will that be?
- The taxi driver tells Sarah that it will cost about $10. Sarah says:__________
- I don't want to pay $10. How about $20?
- Oh! Can we go to the museum?
- I think that is very cheap. I like you very much.
- That's great. Let's go!
That's great. Let's go!