Situational Dialogues 6: Visiting the dentist
Complete the conversations below with the best answer:
- You have toothache. You need to go to the dentist. You don't know a good dentist so you ask your friend Sarah:__________
- Do you have toothache?
- Can you recommend a dentist for me?
- Where can I go to talk about a dentist?
- Would you like to tell me about your dentist?
Can you recommend a dentist for me?
- You need to phone the dentist to book an appointment. You call the dental surgery and say to the receptionist:__________
- Hello. I have toothache. Can you help me?
- Hi. I need to see the dentist right now.
- I want a dentist. What time can we meet?
- Hello. I'd like to make an appointment to see the dentist, please.
Hello. I'd like to make an appointment to see the dentist, please.
- The receptionist tells you that the dentist is free tomorrow at 4pm, but you are busy at this time. You say to the receptionist:__________
- I'm sorry but I'm busy then. Could we make an appointment for a different time?
- No. I will not see the dentist then. Another time.
- That's no good for me, I don't need anybody.
- I can't do it then. Can I see the dentist in the future?
I'm sorry but I'm busy then. Could we make an appointment for a different time?.
- You have arranged an appointment with the dentist for Saturday. You don't drive so you need to ask Sarah if she'll take you. You say to Sarah:__________
- Drive me to the dentist on Saturday.
- Would you be able to give me a lift on Saturday?
- I can't drive. Please can you drive with me?
- Would you have a car for us both on Saturday?
Would you be able to give me a lift on Saturday?
- Sarah arrives on Saturday morning to take you to the dentist. She asks you how your tooth is. You say to Sarah:__________
- The tooth hurt me. I want a new one.
- I don't want to talk to you.
- It's getting worse. I'm in a lot of pain.
- It hurts me very much. I don't like teeth.
It's getting worse. I'm in a lot of pain.
- You arrive at the dental surgery. The receptionist greets you and asks:__________
- Do you have an appointment?
- What time is it?
- Do you know where the dentist is?
- Where do you want to go today?
Do you have an appointment?
- The nurse calls your name. You walk into the dentist's room and the dentist says to you:__________
- Good morning. What's you favourite type of pizza?
- You have toothache and a very big mouth.
- Hi. Have you got a tooth for me?
- Hello! What seems to be the problem?
Hello! What seems to be the problem?
- The dentist tells you that you need a filling, and asks if you want it done today. You say to the dentist: __________
- Yes please. The sooner the better!
- Yes. It'll be the right thing to do.
- I think I do. How about you?
- Yes. I want to eat candy and ice cream this evening.
Yes please. The sooner the better!
- You have your filling and the dentist has finished seeing to you. You leave the dental surgery and call Sarah. You want Sarah to pick you up, so you say:___________
- Where are you? I want to go back now. Thank you.
- I want to go home. Bring me your car.
- I'm finished. Could you take me home now, please?
- Thank you for the lift. Would you be able to do it?
I'm finished. Could you take me home now, please?
- You arrive back at home. Sarah drops you off outside your house. You say to Sarah:__________
- You gave me a lift. I will thank you in the future!
- Thank you for the dentist. I had a fantastic time!
- You are wonderful. So call me maybe.
- Thank you so much for the lift. I really appreciate it!
Thank you so much for the lift. I really appreciate it!