- It's 11pm. In one hour it will be __________?
12 o'clock at night is midnight.
- Which of these questions is not the correct way to ask the time?
- What's the time?
- Please could you tell me the time?
- Time is what?
Time is what? is incorrect.
- When is 7PM in the 24 hour clock?
7PM is 19:00 (7 hours after midday).
- Which of these is an incorrect way to say 5PM?
- five past the noon
- five in the afternoon
- five o'clock
We cannot say five past the noon.
- How do we say 5:20 when we are speaking?
- twenty past five
- twenty till five
- twenty five
5:20 when spoken should be twenty past five, twenty after five or five twenty.
- How do we say 12:55 when we are speaking?
- fifty five past twelve
- five till thirteen
- five to one
12:55 when spoken should be five to one, five till one or twelve fifty five.
- How do we say 4:15 when we are speaking?
- quarter after four
- quarter and four
- four and a quarter
4:15 when spoken should be quarter after four, quarter past four or four fifteen.
- What time is half ten?
Half ten is 10:30.
- How should you greet someone at 8PM?
- Good night
- Good afternoon
- Good evening
You can greet someone with good evening from about 6PM until midnight.
- What does it mean if someone says good night to you?
- They are saying hello.
- They are saying goodbye.
- They are having a fun evening.
Good night is saying goodbye in the evening.