Situational Dialogues 5: A trip to London
Complete the conversations below with the best answer:
- You are going to London on a train. You want to know what time you will arrive. You ask the passenger next to you:__________
- Excuse me, what time does this train arrive in London?
- Hello. Are we nearly there?
- Do you know if this train will arrive in London?
- You're welcome. We will arrive in the morning.
Excuse me, what time does this train arrive in London?
- Your friend Sarah is meeting you at the station. Sarah calls you on your mobile and asks:__________
- What time will you meet the train?
- Is the station near London?
- What time does your train arrive?
- When is your train going to be near me?
What time does your train arrive?
- Your train arrives on time and Sarah is waiting to see you. You have not seen each other for a long time. You say to Sarah:__________
- We've been able to meet for such a long time.
- It's been a long time since we had time.
- I saw you before, maybe a year ago.
- Long time no see.
Long time no see.
- You are feeling very hungry. You want to have lunch. You say to Sarah:__________
- Please could we have lunch now? I'm very hungry.
- I need some food. Where is it?
- It's time for lunch. Please give me food.
- Sorry, I'm hungry. What do you like to eat for lunch?
Please could we have lunch now? I'm very hungry.
- You want to buy lunch for Sarah because she met you at the station. When the bill arrives in the restaurant you say to Sarah:__________
- I will pay this bill. I don't want your money.
- Don't pay this time. It's very cheap.
- I will buy you lunch. Please remember the train station.
- I'll get this. Thank you for meeting me at the station today.
I'll get this. Thank you for meeting me at the station today.
- Sarah asks you if you would like to visit Big Ben. You would love to, and reply:__________
- Big Ben is a famous tourist attraction in London.
- I'd love to see Big Ben. Let's go!
- Do you know the way to Big Ben?
- Shall we go to Big Ben tomorrow or the next day?
I'd love to see Big Ben. Let's go!
- You are on the way to Big Ben but Sarah is lost. Sarah finds a policeman and asks:__________
- Could you please tell me the way to Big Ben?
- Show me Big Ben. Please?
- Where is the road to Big Ben?
- Please can you take me to Big Ben?
Could you please tell me the way to Big Ben?
- You are in front of Big Ben. You want a photo with Sarah in front of Big Ben. You say to a lady nearby: __________
- We need a photo here. Can you do it?
- I'm sorry, but would you take this for us?
- Excuse me, would you please take a photo of us?
- Can we take a photograph of you and Big Ben?
Excuse me, would you please take a photo of us?
- You want to buy a souvenir from London for your friend. You see a t-shirt in a shop. You want to know how much it will cost so you ask the shop assistant:___________
- This t-shirt will be how much of my money?
- How many pounds does this cost?
- How much is this t-shirt?
- What amount of money will I have to give you for this t-shirt?
How much is this t-shirt?
- Sarah asks you if you enjoyed your day in London. You say:__________
- I had a great time. We must do it again sometime!
- London was wonderful. I like this city and you?
- It was OK, but I didn't want to see Big Ben.
- I will come again, but without you!
I had a great time. We must do it again sometime!