- The student needed to record each __________ accurately to make sure her research was successful.
measurement - the size, length or amount of something.
- Sir Isaac Newton is famous for coming up with the Law of __________.
gravity - the force with which physical bodies attract each other.
- Next week I hope to buy myself a powerful telescope because I am very interested in __________.
astronomy - the scientific study of outer space, including stars, planets and galaxies.
- The Big Bang is a __________ that explains the early development of the universe.
theory - a system of ideas that attempt to explain something.
- In science class today we did an __________ to find out if vinegar is acid or alkali.
experiment - a test or procedure that is carried out in order to discover something.
- A bar __________ has two ends: the north pole and the south pole.
magnet - an object that attracts certain objects (iron or steel) because it has a magnetic field.
- Listeria monocytogenes is an __________ that can cause fatal infections in young children.
organism - any animal, plant or single celled from of life.
- It is important to protect our __________ because it provides us with food, fresh air and clean water.
ecosystem - the system of a biological community of organisms and their environment.
- The university has a large well equipped __________ for all students in the science department to use.
laboratory - a room or building that is equipped for scientific experimentation or research.
- We can learn about the __________ of man by studying fossils of early human beings.
evolution - the development or progressive growth of something (in biology - a species or population).