- The scientist was able to see the individual leaf cells of a plant using a __________.
microscope - an instrument that is used for viewing extremely small objects.
- The tennis player ate a banana because he was feeling tired and need more __________ .
energy - the power that enables something to do work.
- The Museum of __________ features exhibits about insects, amphibians, mammals and lizards.
zoology - the science (a branch of biology) that is concerned with animal life.
- The Milky Way is the __________ that contains Planet Earth, as well as about 200 billion other stars.
galaxy - a large collection of stars that are held together by their gravity.
- The chemistry student must spend many hours in the laboratory doing __________ as part of her study.
research - an investigation into something to find information.
- The __________ of the Space Shuttle is around three times the force of gravity.
acceleration - the act of increasing your speed or velocity.
- There are fewer tigers in the world today because of the wide scale destruction of their __________.
habitat - the natural home or area of an animal, plant or organism.
- To __________ the contents of your display you should download our screen zooming tool.
magnify - to make something larger or make something appear larger..
- The keen gardener wanted to learn more about the life of his plants so he enrolled in university to study _________.
botany - the science (a branch of biology) that is concerned with plant life.
- The process of __________ can be increased by heating water and by making the surface area larger.
evaporation - the process by which liquid turns into vapour.