- I've been a teacher for 25 years, another 15 and I'll be able
retire - to end
your working life, usually because of old age.
- Pizza Limited need to __________ a better price with their
suppliers if they want to make a higher profit.
negotiate - to
attempt to make a deal with somebody and come to an
- Many people love to __________ French wine into Thailand, but
it's very expensive to do so.
import - to bring
in something from a foreign country.
- Peter has been __________ for coming into work late too often.
fire - to fire
someone is to dismiss them from their job.
- Singapore Air __________ six new Boeing 747s last July.
purchase - to buy
- The IT __________ is responsible for installing new software on
all the PCs.
department - a part
of a business that has its own special function.
- My __________ has not increased this year because the company I
work for has not been very successful.
salary - the money
given to an employee in return for his work, usually monthly.
- The boss had to ask the __________ how much tax his company
needed to pay.
accountant - a
person whose job it is to look after the finances, money and taxes
of a business.
- Coca Cola hopes to __________ 25% more cans of soft drink next
manufacture - to
make large amounts of something using a machine.
- Steve Jobs holds a __________ every year to talk about Apple's
new products and ideas.
conference - a
meeting between people to discuss something.