Flood in Northern Thailand
Click image for bigger photo
Here is the next photo for you to talk about. Can you write 5 simple sentences about this photograph?
You can write short and simple sentences or longer descriptive sentences. Use your imagination - if you don't know what's going on, make it up! If you want me to correct your sentences and help you improve your writing just let me know.
See last week's activity - Talk About The Photo - Budapest Baths
I - The colours of this picture is wonderful. 2 - The flood was big. The road is full of water and there is also water everywhere. 3 - Some kids are in the water in the road. 4 - There is a big mountain far away. 5 - The grasses and the trees are very green.
In sentence 1 you have colours (plural) with is. Perhaps the sentence could be The colours in this picture are wonderful. In sentence 3 the water is on the road. Grass is an unusual noun. It can be countable or uncountable (sometimes the English language can be very confusing)! In this example we are talking about one area of grass it is uncountable. The grass and the trees are very green. We use grasses when we are talking about different types of grass. The farmer grows many different grasses in his fields.
You've again described the photo very well. Your sentences are very nicely written. Do you ever have floods like this near you?
Thank you Teacher for the correction!!! Most of the time I write my sentences the same way as I am thinking in French but I think it is a little better now... I never see floods like this near me, just sometime very small one. I think people would be very afraid here to see a big, big flood....
Farmer in Northern are worrying about their output but children are happy and funny. I think when I am adult I have many thing to responsible for. Therefore I want to be a child forever because I don't need to think about work, problem or something like that. You just have fun in everyday. It is enough! =)
You've described the photo very well. You have been able to put your feelings into words in a very nice way!
In your first sentence we are talking about many farmers, not just one, so don't forget to use the plural farmers. You just have fun every day! I like this phrase. Children have a great life with no responisibilities - but sometimes being an adult can be fun too. :)
Many thanks! teacher Jamie :) sometime I've forgot to put s, es. next time I'll write more correct sentences.I'll try to write more and more to improve my English =)
1. The naive children still enjoy the flood.
2. There are many fields like this in another parts of Thailand.
3. The water level is not much high- the boys can stand in it.
4. A nice scene, good view, great combination of colours and good feeling from this picture.
5. Walking through the tides makes me feel relax! :)
ps.This photo remind me to save the trees and forests more.
Great sentences Parapa!
Naive is a wonderful adjective. For our members that don't know - it means having or showing a level of inexperience or lack of information. It can also mean displaying a simple and truthful nature, not being artificial or sophisticated.
In sentence 2 it should be other - not another. Another means one other. Sentence 3 should be not very high. Also in sentence 5 when we talk about how we feel we should say relaxed. I am feeling relaxed/ tired/ relieved...
I like your description of the photo. Despite the flood the children can still enjoy themselves and have fun. We should definitely save the trees and forests more. Cutting them down will only cause more flooding!
Thank you for correcting my sentences teacher :)
Your photo about flood make me think about the flood in my hometown- maybe 8 or 9 years ago when I was studying grade 6. I still remember that day I walked in the water, had fun with my family and talked with my neighbors. Even we face the problem we can find the happiness in it- every cloud has a silver lining! =D
Every cloud has a silver lining. What a great idiom!
It's raining cats and dogs in Ho Chi Minh city. It has rained since the afternoon. (and now it is 9:30pm) The rainfall was less now but water covered many streets. I've just waded water. :)
1) Flood is a foe but it is also a friend of farmer, it brings many damages including both human life and metirials but it gives the fields fertile alluvial.
2) It is very dangerous for children playing in the water because they don't know exactly where the water is deep.
3) This photo is an attractive picture of the Mother Nature, the excellent combination of colours brings to us the feeling of peace.
4) Children are always innocent like that, they enjoy the peaceful scene after the flood and do not know that maybe the gentle stream used to steal from them many things, they treat flood like a friend because the flood realised its mistake and quietly cultivated alluvial for the fields. (I think we can learn from these children that in life we should forgive and give someone hurting us a chance to correct their mistake.)
5) This picture reminds me of the days I was a child I often collected big leaves to make a boat and put in on the water every time after it rained heavily.
Teacher, please correct my mistakes :) Thank you very much.