Beach in Cornwall
Click image for larger photo.
Here is our newest photo for you to write about. Can you write 5 simple sentences about this photograph?
This photograph is of a typical beach in the south of England.
You can write short and simple sentences or longer descriptive sentences. You need to look carefully at the photograph and tell us 5 things you see!
If you want me to correct your sentences and help you improve your writing just let me know.
Previous Talk About The Photo Discussions:
Very nice sentences again. You have described the photo very clearly.
Don't forget to use There are with plural nouns. There are many.... In sentenec 3 we should write A bird is flying in the....
Lots of = many (plural) so we need to write There are lots of houses... The noun chair needs an article in sentence 5. Some people on the beach sit on a chair.
Great work Penny! Well done. :)
Thank you again for your useful discussion, teacher. When I go to beach, I always go along the sea side and collect the shelves. In each shell there is a diffirent song of the sea.
1) Two albatrosses are freely flying in the blue sky, maybe they are close friends of each other.
2) The perspective makes the photo look like a funnel directing to the sea, we can pour our sadness into it and happiness will come to us. (Maybe because of our sadness, our tears, seawater is salt).
3) Many people intended staying overnight on the see side because there are a lot of tents there.
4) The beach is attractive to many people because of its beauty, the sea looks like a giant silver stock, the white sand is smooth.
5) Children always like build a sand castle and tell each other about the fairy stories that their parents used to tell them.
Yes, it is. :)
I'm sorry, number 5 should be: "Children always like building a sand castle and telling each other about the fairy stories that their parents used to tell them."
I do like this sentence. Your correction is correct! I wonder what fairy tales they are telling each other?
Once I went to the beach, I saw some children building a sand castle and a child said that "this is the castle of long-hair princess", an other child said that: "No, it is the castle of witch. The prince will come there to rescuse the beautiful girl". :)
That's lovely! I want to hear how the story ends. Children have wonderful imaginations.
Teacher, I'm sorry that I didn't let you know how much I need your correction :D Hehe!
You're welcome Blue! I'm glad to see your sentences too.
In your first sentence it sounds more natural to say flying freely. I think they might be seagulls! They may be close friends. :) I like your second sentence. I've never thought of the beach in this way before. Maybe this is why so many people love to go to the beach - to wash away their sadness! Number 3 - seaside! Actually the tents are used as wind breakers. They protect people from the cool wind. I don't think people are allowed to camp on the beaches in England. In your fourth sentence what do you mean by the word stock?
I mean it is a storage to store something. Sea water is silver and it makes the sea look like a silver storage.
:)) maybe they are twin sisters :))