Can you name the country using the clues below?
Where might this nut come from?
1. The flag of this country does not contain the colour blue.
2. This country shares a border with countries from more than one continent.
3. Legend has it that a very famous boat landed in this country.
4. Father Christmas may have been born in this country.
5. Some of the beaches in this country are found next to a very dark sea.
6. You can enjoy skiing in the mountains in this country - or sunbathing in the very hot summer, when the temperature can rise to 40°C.
7. A very famous symbol of Holland was originally cultivated in this country.
8. This country has won more games than it has lost in the FIFA World Cup Finals.
9. There is a very famous split in the largest city of this country.
10. Most people that live in this country are not Christians. However on Christmas Day this country plays an important part of the celebrations!
HI! I just know that Father Christmas comes from the North Pole. :) I have no idea about this country.... Maybe Russia.
Father Christmas does come from the North Pole! He is sometimes called different names. Do you know what else he can be called?
It's not Russia, but that is actually a very good guess.
I think that Russia is a cold country and I think it is near North Pole. Is the Father Christmas comes from a hot country? I think we have this kind of nuts here too. Here we call the Father Christmas "Santa Clause." I will give my tongue to the cat... :) I will be waiting for the answer from others.... :) It is a nice topic... Thanks!
Santa Claus is another name for Father Christmas. He has many more - depending on different cultures! I'm glad you like it Coco. :)
Well done! Let's see if anyone else can get it. :)
I think it is Turkey
1. The flag has the colour red and with.
2 The country has a border to Europa and Asia.
5 Turkey has the mediterranen Sea in the south, the Aegean Sea in the west and the Black sea in the north.
6 I have been there on holiday in Antalya.
7 It is the Tulip which is a simbol of Holland and originally cames from Turkey.
Sorry I have to go , thank's a lot for this quiz. thats really a great way to learn something new. We learn more than a language here on Funky English.
Great job Gertraud! You found the very dark sea - The Black Sea. You are correct about the tulip too.
9. Istambul is the largest city and split by the Bosphotus between the Sea of Marmera and the Black Sea. So Istambul is a transcontinental City. On part belongs to Europa and the otherone to Asia.
Well done again! Istanbul is the only city in the world that spans 2 continents.
Gertraud Muller is right.
Yes, she is. Did you know the answer too?