Hello and welcome to the brand new giveaways section of Funky English!
The aim of this section is to get as many people involved and using English in some fun learning activities and games, with a small prize from London awarded to one member who takes part. I will be running these activities every Monday and Thursday so be sure to check back for the next chance to win a small prize!
For the first activity, all I would like you to do is to introduce yourself and tell me three things about yourself. I will start:
Hello, my name is Simon and I am English.
1) I live in London, in the south east of England.
2) My favourite sport is football, and I support a team called Portsmouth FC.
3) I enjoy travelling to other countries and next weekend will visit Croatia.
The rules of the giveaways are as follows:
1) You must be a member of funkyenglish.com.
2) You must have a profile picture.
3) You must be able to provide a valid address for the prize to be sent to.
4) This is just for fun! Each prize will be sent to a member selected at random who contributes to the activity, so the important thing is to take part!
This competition is now closed. Congratulations to our lucky winner - Blue Peace!
Thank you Simon. This sounds like a lot of fun. I'll go first!
My name is Jamie. I am an English teacher.
1. My first car was a yellow Volkswagen Beetle.
2. I can speak a little French and a little Thai.
3. I was an English teacher in Phuket, Thailand, for nearly 7 years.
Thank you Jamie. I remember your yellow Beetle, it was a classic car!
Hi Mai, what a great picture! You are now entered into the draw to win the prize , so be sure to check back to see if you won!
at my MSN, right???
Any picture Vero - just not the blank profile. You are good to go.
Thank you Vero. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is an interesting film, would you like to live your life back to front? You are also now entered into the draw to win the small prize :)
I am WavingFree, the name is copied from a Bob Dylan song.
1. I am English and live in the East Anglican part of England.
2. I enjoy travel and photography.
3. I worked for IBM computer company for many years.
Thank you wavingfree, I am also a Bob Dylan fan! You are also entered into the draw.
hello everone! nice to meet you.
My name is Yen and i am vietnamese. i am a student in Ha Noi university of Businessman and Technology.
i live in Hai Phong. It's near the Gulf of Tonkin.
my favorite is listen to music, read book, learn english, eat fast food, travel...
i want to travel to other countries.
Hi Yen. Thank you for taking part in this activity! What country would you most like to travel to?
Hi, Simon. Nice to meet you! 1 - My name is Marie-Linda and I am from Canada. 2 - I love to learn English and I am a French speaker. 3 - My favourite colour is red.