Here are our latest 5 questions to get you talking on the Funky English forum!
This week our five Funky English questions are written by Parapa - or Pat. Pat is Thai and studying to be a dentist. If you have any questions about teeth - you now know who to ask! Pat has written some great blogs about teeth for Funky English. Check them out here - Tooth - How to brush your teeth
If you would like to write 5 questions for Funky English please let me know!
Thank you Pat for these questions!
1. If one day you woke up as a member of the opposite sex (a woman becomes and man or a man becomes a woman), what would you do?
2. Which cartoon character matches your personality best?
3. Do you believe in destiny (things happen for a reason) or believe in coincidences (things happen by luck)?
4. What is the most impressive moment in your life so far?
5. If you could be another person for one day, who would you like to be?
1.If I can be a man, I would go to bar gay! I want to know why they love the same sex and how they act to their lover. hehehe. Even I only think about it, I feel so embarrassed. :p
2.I don't know which cartoon character matches me best but I choose Minnie Mouse. I like that polka dot dress.
3.I believe in destiny.
4.There are many impressive moments in my life. For me if there are my family be with me, it can be my impressive experience.
5.I want to be my dad, he is my idol! I want to know what he thinks and his attitude because we born in the different generation so if I can be him, I can understand people around me more. :)
I thought you might choose Minnie. You have her ears already in your photo!
I like your answer to number 5. I think it would be very interesting to see how different life was for the previous generation. Only 30 years ago we had no Internet, no mobile phones and travel was difficult. Things have changed a lot.
Great questions by the way. Some wonderful answers and interesting discussions!
1. I think the first one would be , my husband would be shocked :) I think I could be very interresting to see the life through the eyes of a man. Is it different ? Is it better ? Is it easier? I mean it would be a great experience to find it out ..
2 Maya the Bee.. I'm always busy like a bee. May the Bee was helpful and friendly , I try to be the same...
3 I don't believe in destiny.. I think it is in up to ourself to live our life in the right way . There a so many possibilities , choose the right one for you :) there are coincidences but I wouldn't say destiny.
4. The most impressive moment in my life was , when my sons where born...
5. Maybe Bruce Springsteen or Neil Young...I would like to play the guitar as good as one of them :))
I can imagine your husband would be very shocked! :)
I just watched Maya the Bee. Very cool! I think I agree with your answer to number 3.
You have 2 sons, is that right?
How good are you at playing guitar? Are you ready to record your first song and share it with us on Funky English?
Yes , you are right I have two sons ...Thanks for inviting me to play for Funky English , maybe sometime I'll pay for you:) sorry but at the moment I'm out of practice :(
I have to many hobbies and I'm short on time ;)
I look forward to it!
1. I will ordained to be a monk. In the believe of Buddhist if the son be a monk, his parents will get the most merit. Because My family has five member consist of my parents, 2 sister and me. My mother don't have son. Although It is only one day, I think it is the good thing for me. I don't think it will disdain Buddhism, because that day my body to be a perfect boy.
2.I think my character same Sid (the sloth in the animation cartoon "Ice age" ). I am talkative person and I alway make another annoyed ^^.
3. I believe in both destiny and coincidences.
4. Usually my family hardly go to anywhere. Holidays, we will rest at the home. Once I journey to Taiwan with my sister. This trip make me excite. Everything around me is all difference in my eye. They have their culture. it is their identity. From this trip I am interesting in another culture and want to study especially in Chinese culture.
It is very interesting for learning about a new experience with stranger in difference culture. So the most impressive moment in my life is the Taiwan trip.
5.I want to be Christopher Columbus a voyager to find a new land. But the condition give me only one day, I want to be Doraemon and use his tool ( such as Door to anywhere and Time machine) go to everywhere in this world.
A very clever answer to number 1. I know it is a very important time in a young Thai boys life when they become a monk. I have also seen females become monks (is that the right name?) They wear white and shave their heads too. Have you considered becoming a female monk? I'm sorry if I don't fully understand the traditions!
Sid is a great character. He's funny and a little clumsy - but the audience loves him because he has a good heart. When did you go to Taiwan? I have never been to Taiwan!
So many of my students in Thailand loved Doraemon. Does he have a magic pocket? I have never seen the cartoon!
In the Buddhism the female who wear white and shave their heads isn't a monks. Buddhist call them be a Mae ji. Mae Ji like nun, but not all.
In the Buddhism ascetic have both female and male. Male, we call monks. Female, we call Bhikkhuni (Buddhist nuns). Now Bhikkhuni cannot find in my country. Bhikkhuni can find in Mahayana Buddhist country. Mahayana is a sect of Buddhism. In Thailand, Bhikkhuni wasn't accept.
Mae Ji are Buddhist laywomen in Thailand occupying a position somewhere between that of an ordinary lay follower and an ordained monk. Mae Ji must practice 10 of the precepts, but Bhikkhuni must practice 331 of the precepts.
Thank you for your explanation. In which countries can you find Bhikkhuni? Would you be interested in becoming a Mae Ji? I would be interested in seeing the precepts that Mae Ji and monks must follow.
Two major branches of Buddhism are recognized : Theravad and Mahayana. Thailand is Theravad country. Bhikkhuni still find in Mahayana countries like Korea, Vietnam, China, and Taiwan.
If I have a free time, I interest to be a Mea ji for one month. I think we should take time to relax and stop thinking, become a part of nature.
Oh teacher, I am sorry about that Mea Ji must follow 8 of the precept.
I hope you get the chance to be a Mea Ji! A couple of my friends who are teachers tried it and they found it very rewarding.
I think it can only do you good to follow these 8 precepts for one month. A great way to relax and be at one with our natural environment. Thank you for explaining this to me! I am always learning from my Funky English members.