Check out our latest Funky English questions and have a discussion with our members on the forum! A great way to practice your English conversation.
Aphicy working with a patient!
This week our 5 Funky English questions have been written by Aphicy, a Funky English member from Thailand. Aphicy is a physical therapist in Phuket. A physical therapist is someone who works in the field of medicine. The job of a physical therapist is to treat injuries or physical disorder with exercise and assist in their rehabilitation. Aphicy's questions are about hospitals and health!
1.How often do you go to hospital ?
2.When did you last go to hospital?
3.Can you remember an interesting time you when went to hospital as a child?
4.Do you understand how to use medicine clearly?
5.Have you ever had any experience of physical therapy?
Great questions Aphicy!
Here are my answers...
1. Not very often. Probably about once a year. Usually to visit people! I went more frequently when I was younger and more careless.
2. I visited a friend in hospital in Phuket. He crashed his motorbike, but he's OK now.
3. When I was about 8 years old I stayed in hospital for a couple of days to have my adenoids out. I had to have this operation because I used to get terrible earache. It was exciting because I stayed in my own private room and the nurses were very friendly.
4. I think so. I used to have a few friends that were pharmacists. They taught me a little about medicine. I always read the information leaflet carefully as well!
5. I haven't personally but a couple of my friends have. After a friend broke his leg he had to do special exercises to build up his muscles. I also remember another guy having lots of physical therapy work after a serious motorbike accident. It was amazing how quickly he recovered from his injuries. I have to respect the work physical therapists do. I think they must be very patient and caring. You are doing an important job Aphicy!
Thank you for your sharing Aj.Jamie!! first of all,may I guess your friend that you talking about is Aj.Scott,right? ;)
You got some operation when you were too young!It might be a scary moment! anyway you should take care yourself very much.
About the medicine,I experienced in drug allergic when I was a second years student.That situation made me realize when I have to get some medicine every times.
Physical Therapy is some kind of rehabilitation,so the role we are promote,prevent,treatment and rehab to improve their patient's quality of life.And help them back to normal or nearly!!
You are correct. Teacher Scott had a bad accident. He's better now - thanks to the awesome doctors and physical therapists!
I wasn't scared when I was young. I didn't really understand exactly what was happening. It was like an adventure!
Promote, prevent, treatment and rehabilitation! There are many different aspects to your job.
I - I don't go often, I don't really like it, and I don't like to be sick. 2 - It was last winter for blood test, and I am not scared ot it. 3 - I only went two time in the hospital. One was when I was 13 year old for a pneumonia, I stayed there two weeks and then when I was an adult I had to stay for a weekend. I really don't like it and always go there with tears in my eyes. I remember that I was crying at the first time there and the second too. :) 4 - Yes, usually I understand it clearly. 5 - Yes , when I was in the twenty I need to have a physycal therapy for many weeks for treat my back and it was very useful for me and my therapist was very kind. Great questions!!! Thanks!
I think many people are scared of going to the hospital. It's quite a common phobia - like people who are afraid of the dentist.
I imagine treating people's backs is quite common for physical therapists. A problem with the back can take a long time to heal. I hope your back is better now Coco!
Yes, it is quite common to treat the back of people. I am okay now , thank you... Yes, it takes many weeks and months. Physical therapists are very important and they do great jobs.
Thanks for your questions Aphicy, :)
1) Rarely do I go to hospital. However now I go to hospital every week. Do not think that I'm sick, I'm very well. I go there because I have something to do.
2) On Tuesday this week, and I went there not because I'm sick. :)
3) I remembered that my mother took me to hospital at night because I had high fever and couldn't move my arms and she worried much, however I don't think it is interesting. I didn't have any interesting time when went to hospital as a child.
4) I think every medicine we take has an introduction and I can find out the guide of usage in it or I can ask the pharmacy clearly before drinking any medicine.
5) No, I haven't. I think it must be very painful. :D
I think asking the pharmacist before taking medicine is always a good idea Blue.
I am sure that physical therapy is painful but it's worth it in the long run. :)
1 I don't go to Hospital very often. Usually to visit someone there.
2 In February , I brought my husband to the hospital after an accident in the mountain. Fortuntately he wasn't bad injured.
3 I was in the hospital with my youngest son. He was just three years old and suffert of pneumonia. It was Easter Sunday and when we woke up the Easter bunny brought something for my son. That's a costum in my country. He was so happy although he was ill.
4 I think so and you get some advice from the pharmacist or the doctor. You should also read the information carfully.
5 No I haven't but my father and my oldest son have. My son have had a surgery at his left knee. He had a physical therapy and it was very important for him. Now he can walk and play football again.
It's always nice to see hospitals doing a little bit extra to make children feel happy and relaxed. We have the Easter Bunny in England, but I've never met him!
Hospitals have a very clean smell! I don't mind it at all.
Were you being naughty in the hospital? I can imagine you running around the corridors chasing the doctors and nurses!
A massage is always nice after exercise. I also enjoy the sauna or steam room! Sometimes I forget to exercise and just visit the sauna. :)
1. I rarely go to hospital but I like the aseptic smell in the hospital!
2. I went to hospital last month for visiting my friend. She got an infection in blood.
3. I can't remember the time I went to hospital when I was a child. I hadn't have a severe accident that had to admit to hospital and I was not allowed to go to hospital if the patient wasn't my relative because there are many pathogen spread in the air.
4. I think I do- dentist have to study about drug too and this subject is driving me crazy now! :p Anyway, I'm not the expert about medicine like the pharmacy so the best way to use drug is asking the specialist. :)
5. No. But I have many friends study in the faculty of physical therapy. =D