Check out our latest Funky English questions and have a discussion with our members on the forum! A great way to practice your English conversation.
What instrument would you play in a rock band?
This set of questions has been written by Funky English member Johnny Simpson. Johnny is an English teacher and student of linguistics (the scientific study of languages). Johnny was a teaching colleague (a person you work with) of mine at Satree Phuket School in Thailand for many happy - and crazy - years. Here are Johnny's questions!
Haha, good answer to question 3. Find work in Tesco :)
Yes, I have seen Bruce Springsteen twice and really deserves the name Boss.
Have you ever been to a ghost train ? or I think it also means dark ride. This would be a job for an alien :)
It would be very interesting which technology they use in 1000 years. I'm sure they want have any computers or cell phones any more.
I have been on a ghost train - many years ago. I always found they weren't as scary as I thought they would be! An alien would certainly frighten people. :)
Thanks for your questions teacher Johnny,
1) If I were a member of a rock band, I would be a drummer. I'm very excited in playing drum, don't need bass strings and treble strings like a guitar, don't need many music keys like a piano, just needs a surface on the drum and 2 bradawls we can create many bass and treble voices wonderfully. It's simple but it can do many fabulous things :)
2) Hm...Hm...it is really difficult for me. I want to visit the Great Bell in London but I also love seeing the Statue of Liberty in New York. The choice always makes me headache.
3) I would ask the alien with a friendly smile that: " Do you understand my language?"
4) I will choose the dog. My house host has a chiwawa, it is very lovely. Everyday when I come back from the school, I always play with him and ask him some questions that I wonder. Sometimes when I'm sad, I'm alone, I also share my feelings with him. He listens to me, at that time I extremely want him to talk and give me some advices. I believe in him, he is loyal and sincere.
5) There are many things I did in the past make me regret. I hope I can fix them if I could travel backwards.
I don't want to travel forward because I love enjoying tomorrow as the discovery of a secret box. Everyday I wake up, I open the box and try to solve the secret messages in it, they can bring me to some places I have never gone, they may bring me a lot of fun but also can be sadness,.... even what they are, I love to solve them myself. Our life is very boring if we know what we are in the future :)
Did you know the name of the Great Bell is called Ben..
You mean Big Ben Tower? Yes, I know that, this is a clock tower with a large bell so it is also called Great Bell :)
Indeed but only the bell is named Ben, not the tower.
That is St Stephen's Tower or Clock Tower of Westminster Palace though later to be re-named Elizabeth Tower after the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
I didn't know that, thanks for your helpful information teacher Johnny :)
Many people want to be a drummer! I think people love making loud noises. :)
For number 2 - don't worry too much. You can visit them both one day.
It's great that you have such a nice dog to be your friend. I am sure he enjoys spending time with you and keeping you company. Dogs are a man's (and woman's) best friend.
I do like your answer to number 5! Not knowing the future is what makes life so exciting. I hope you get some wonderful surprises in your secret boxes in the future. I am sure you will. :)
1. drums, might just about be able to keep to the beat.
2. New York, a trip to revive memories
3. does your TV have an alternative to reality television? If so, what is it?
4. a dolphin, they seem so kind and friendly.
5. Forward five years, if I was still alive I could spend the next 5 years doing the things I am scared of, wing walking, sky diving and know I was going to be OK, if I was dead I would do the things I have to do before I die, like wing walking, sky diving....
If the alien race is more advanced than we are then it is possible they only have reality TV. Now that's a scary thought!
I look forward to seeing some pictures of you wing walking or sky diving. I'm too scared to do them...
1) If I could sing or scream really well, then lead singer for me, with drummer as an alternative.
2) New York, because I have already lived in London hahahaaa, but NY looks a great place to walk around day or night and just see what's going on.
3) Do spacecraft have their steering wheel on the left or right side? but I think this would be a waste of a question, so instead I would ask if I could go on a 6 - 12 month tour.
4) Cats, I want to know what they are thinking.
5) I would like to go back to the construction of the Pyramids of Giza, to take on the size of the work done. Then come back and claim to be the 1st tourist (with pic) :)