It's time for our next set of Funky English questions - written by you!
What's the news today?
These questions were written by Funky English member Vero! Thank you for these interesting questions. :)
If you'd like to help write the next set of questions please let us know. We'd love to feature your questions and ideas!
1. What's the main headline in your local newspaper today?
2. Have you smiled today? Who did you smile at?
3. Have you ever experienced panic or an embarrassing moment while on a trip?
4. Do you have any collectible items? Or items that you love so much you won't give to other people?
5. If you were a mutant (like in the X-men movie) what super power would you like to have?
Yes, thanks Coco for your explaination. It is very clear after you explain.
I don't know its name in English. :)
Thank you! Hi Bleu Peace. Here in my place the oncology is in the normal hospital. We don't have an oncology alone so we said - He is going to oncology for treatment... We have a department for that in the normal hospital and we call it just oncology here...
I'm sorry because my limited English, I mean that an oncology hospital is a hospital for people with cancer. How do you call it in English. Can you correct it for me?
Oncology hospital is correct Blue! Thank you.
1. From China Daily. New punishments for police abusing prisoners.Chinese police will face punishment ranging fromdemotion to dismissal if they are found to have abusedinmates or connived in the maltreatment of prisoners.
2,yes, I have . Myself. Because I like smiling,and smile all the time,sometimes like a fool~~ hah.
3.I remembered that I didn't take any money when I was on a bus in a sunny day.That's very embarrassing...But two kind old brothers help me ,they are sosososo kind!!
4.eh..It seems no...
5.I wish i can fly,so i can anywhere i like.what a happy thing~~ O(∩_∩)O~
Nice to see you on the forum Una!
There is nothing wrong with smiling to yourself! It means you are a happy and friendly person. I'd much rather see people walking around with a big smile than grumpy unhappy faces.
You are lucky your brothers helped you. Maybe you can do the same for someone else one day. :)
It must be amazing to be able to fly. Where would you like to fly to Una?
My answers to these great questions:
1. I don't often buy the newspapers, so instead I looked on the website of the East Anglian Daily Times. It seems someone has vandalised a royal statue nearby. This is seen as a strange act here but in some countries it would be a very serious crime! Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/sutton_off_with_her_head_villagers_baffl...
2. I have smiled. I smiled at my family and at the man who is cutting our hedge when I gave him a cup of tea!
3. Once on a trip, I panicked because the car I was driving was out of petrol and we couldn't find any fuel anywhere. To make matters worse, we both had no signal on our phones. Eventually, our friends came and met us with petrol as we were very close and they were looking for us! I am sure I have had very embarrassing moments, however, I tend to block them out of my memory!
4. I try not to have collectibles but I have got a few different currency notes and coins from different countries. I have a tiny amount of money from some countries in Europe, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and America. There is not a lot of money, but it is interesting to look through!
5. I would like the power to stop time. It would be good to be able to have a nice lie in every morning! You could also stop time when there is a beautiful sunset and enjoy the view for an hour or two! There was a British children's television show called 'Bernard's Watch' where the wearer of a watch would have this power. Have a watch of this show here:
Somebody stole the head of the statue! Very strange.
I have run out of petrol many times. It's not much fun. You are lucky that your friends found you, otherwise you might have been stuck for a long time!
I thought the boy in the TV show was going to stop time and cheat at Monopoly! If I could stop time I'd just have an extra few hours sleep every night. Bliss!
Thank you for the questions Vero!