It's time for our next set of Funky English questions - written by you!
What's the news today?
These questions were written by Funky English member Vero! Thank you for these interesting questions. :)
If you'd like to help write the next set of questions please let us know. We'd love to feature your questions and ideas!
1. What's the main headline in your local newspaper today?
2. Have you smiled today? Who did you smile at?
3. Have you ever experienced panic or an embarrassing moment while on a trip?
4. Do you have any collectible items? Or items that you love so much you won't give to other people?
5. If you were a mutant (like in the X-men movie) what super power would you like to have?
Here are my answers:
1. The last local newspaper I bought was in Phuket. Today the headlines are about the Thailand National Youth Games that are being held in many locations around Phuket. Many of my old students are involved in this event. I hope they are all having a great time!
2. I've smiled at my brother - because he made me a cup of tea. :)
3. I can't remember any embarrassing moments but I think I've experienced panic a few times. I've been late for trains and buses. I've also panicked because a couple of times I've been careless and forgotten where my hotel is! Thankfully I've always found it in the end.
4. I have some items that are special - gifts and cards given to me by my students during the time I've been a teacher. They are not really collectible but they mean a lot to me!
5. I would like to be able to swim underwater! I've always loved swimming in the sea and it would be great to experience the ocean hundreds of metres below. I'd probably be frightened of the underwater sea creatures though...
An underwater sea creature!
1 - Today in my local newspaper, they are talking about the ageing of the population in my area. It is going to be a problem for the economy in the future. 2 - I have a smile this morning when I see your great questions Vero because I have to think about the questions and go also search in the news for answering the first question and to find something interresting to say... Your questions are very interresting... 3- No I don't experienced panic or an embarrassing moment while on a trip. I have already experienced panic few times in my life and it is not really funny. 4 - Yes I have something special that I will don't give and also don't want to lose, it is a ring. 5 - Well if I were a mutant and if I could have super power, I would like to have super eyes. Thank you Vero!!!
That's awesome that Vero's post made you smile. A good way to start the day. :)
I think super eyes would be a fantastic super power. Would you like X-ray vision or just to be able to see into the distance? Or maybe you could be like Superman and shoot lasers from your eyes!
The question, Have you smile today ? make me smile because it was the morning and I was still in my bed and have to think about this questions to answer to it, and these kind of questions make me happy each time when I am able to answer to them and I like it very much to be able to answer to them and it is make me happy to answer to them each time and it is a very good way to start the day with a beautiful smile. .. :) I would like to see just into the distance. The lasers from the eyes like Superman must be a good idea but not the X-ray vision because I don't want to see all but just the distance it is okay for me but it is a good idea to be a Supergirl... :)
Your answer made me smile Coco. :)
Great Teacher! It is nice to smile... I am happy to make you smile... :)
Thanks Vero for your interesting questions
1) There are many kind of newspaper in Ho Chi Minh city, I often read Youth Newspaper. Today the headline is: "What did the Interior Ministry say about the process of appointing Mr.Duong Chi Dung?". Duong Chi Dung is the director of Vietnam Marine Department, he offends of corruption.
2) Yes, I have. Today my friend and I went to reading room to study, she told me what she did yesterday with the children in Oncology hospital, it was funny.
3) No, I haven't.
4) Yes, I have. They are the presents other people gave me and letters that my close friends sent me. :) Sometimes I take them out and spectate them and smile alone. :) So happy!
5) If I were a mutant and had a super power I want to have the miracle to help children had cancer overcome the pain of this disease and these little angels can study and play normally with their friends. I hope existing this miracle.
I like very much your number 5 answer. Very very good! I really hope too, that this miracle existe for these little angels someday .. and also for everybody in this planet...
Thanks Coco :)
You are welcome Blue Peace! :)
Great answers Blue! It's very common to read articles about corrupt politicians in the news - in every country. I wonder if we'll ever have a corruption free government?
What is an oncology hospital Blue?
I also love your answer to number 5. With the amazing work that scientists and doctors do, maybe this miracle will exist in the future!
An oncology hospital is for take care of people who have cancer and give them treatment for cancer. Am I right Blue? I know a little about oncology... I think that Blue can explain it to you better teacher Jamie...