Here are the next 10 questions for us to discuss in the Funky English forum!
This set of questions was written by Funky English member Coco! Coco lives in Canada and loves studying English. These questions are all about the English language!
1. Why are you learning English?
2. Would you like to speak English all the time?
3. Would you like to live in an English speaking country? If yes, which country?
4. Would you like to marry an English person?
5. Do you prefer to write English or speak English?
Some great questions for you to answer! Thanks Coco :)
Well you must keep up the good work. All this writing practice will certainly pay dividends in the long run.
I think English speaking people are very happy to help non-native speakers use English. I also know that shyness and lack of confidence can be a huge barrier when using another language for the first time. I learnt a little Thai but was never confident using it with strangers! I had to be brave and take the plunge - and people always tried to understand or help me. I was still nervous though!
We can all learn from our mistakes. I suspect your friend will say play chess correctly next time - and possibly forever!
It can sound funny when people use other languages, but that's not a problem - as long as they can be understood.
Do you get a chance to speak with foreigners often Vero?
I think a lesson or activity about directions is a great idea! It would be useful for all our members and visitors. I'll wait to see your map first. :)
You've always been a friendly person on Funky English Vero. I think you'll have plenty of chances to improve your English speaking skills in the future.
Thanks for your questions Vero,
1) There are two main reasons that I want to learn English. Firstly English is very neccessary for a good job in the future. English gives me more chances for working in a professional condition. Secondly I love English, I love traveling, I'm interested in the culture of every country and love making friends with many people. It is easier for me to extend my knowledge about the technology and custom of the human. English makes the world closer!
2) No, I wouldn't like that. I love speaking English about 4 hours/day and the rest I speak my native language. I don't want to forget my native language when I speak English all the time. My parents speak Vietnamese, I can't speak English with them!
3) I want to travel to English speaking country not to live. Hehe!
4) If we love each other, I will marry him. :)
5) I love both of them. Who speaks only is like a child, who writes only is like a dumb. A child should study to know reading and writing and a dumb desires to speak :)
You write English very well Blue. You have a nice way with words and sentences. I hope you've been able to meet people from all around the world on Funky English!
Which country would you like to visit first Blue?
:) I love travelling to many countries, if you require me choosing only one country, I will choose Singapore first :) Then I love travelling to England, Japan, America, Russia, France, Australia, South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam's neighbors Laos, Cambodia, China and many other countries :) (I'm very greedy) :)
There's nothing wrong with being greedy! I am sure you will make your dream come true one day. :) I want to visit all the countries in the world. Maybe I'm greedy like you!
Thanks for awesome questions Coco :)
Here is my turn:
1. Can I just answer that I love English? Speak English like native speaker is one of my dreams :)
2. Yes, I'd like to speak and use English all the time..
3. yes, I'd like to live in America.
4. Yes, if i have chance that would be good..
5. I prefer to speak English.
That's a great answer to question number 1! :) I hope you always keep learning and improving your English. Then you'll be ready when you make your first trip abroad!
Thank you everyone for answer these questions. It is great!!! 1. Studying English always be a dream for me. I love English languge since I was a kid. 2. Yes I would love to speak English all the time and also since I was a kid but don't have the opportunity for that. 3. Yes I would like to live in an English country, because I would learn more, and living in an English country all time is WOW for me... but I don't know which country to choose... :) 4. Sure I would love to married an English guy, and wish that since I was a kid but I don't have the opportunity for that too. It is a good idea for my futur to think about it now.... :) 5. I love to write English so I prefer writing and love it so much...Maybe I will have the opprtunity to make my dreams come true, who knows.... :) Bye everybody and have a nice day....
Thank you again for the awesome questions Coco! We've had some great discussion here. I am so happy to see how much people like you enjoy learning English. You guys make me feel lucky to be an English teacher! Is there any particular reason why you love English so much?
You write English well. I hope to see more of your writing in the future. I hope you can make your dreams come true too!