It is Earth Hour tomorrow. What do you know about Earth hour?
- The introduction: Earth Hour was initiated by WWF (World Wildlife Fund) on March 31st 2007.
- The aim: Earth Hour aims to encourage saving electricity to decrease th level of carbon dioxide - a kind of gas causing Greenhouse effect.
1) What are your country going to in this program?
2) What will you do in Earth hour program?
3) In your country, are there any other programs to protect the environment?
4) Do you believe in the large effects of just an hour a year in Earth hour program?
5) Will you continue to do for protecting our Earth after Earth Hour?
Thanks blue :) This is a good topic. ^^
Let me answer,
1. Sure, We turn off the all lights in big city 1 hour 20.30 - 21.30.
2. I will join this activity too. Usually, I turn off electrical appliance when I don't use them.
3. The government encouraging us to use cloth bag ( I don't how to say in English). Let people don't use plastic bag.
Now, The government encouraging automotive company to product eco - car which save energy car.
This is a low price car because tax fee. Normal car use fuel about 12 km/ 1 liter. Eco car use fuel about 18 km./
4. At lease, It can let people pay attention save earth and It can reduce to use fuel.
5. Of cause. I always turn off and plug after use electrical appliances. I avoid to use plastic bag , foam. When I buy things I take all things in one bag. I don't want to separate it to use many bags.
Thanks for sharing the activities to save our Earth in your country.
I think Eco - car is really a great solution.
My country also encourages everyone uses cloth bags instead of plastic bags. Now it seems difficult for us to stop using plastic bags imediately however we should reduce using them gradually and then stop using them. :) In many supermarkets, they have Saving Earth bags, they are made from compounds that is easy to decomposite.
Thanks for your comment.
You come from Indonesia - an island nation, I think climate change will affect on your country deeply. Like your country, my country has coastline of 3260km long, we also suffer severe consequences of global warming.
I hope everyone can give a hand to protect the Earth - protect eveyone from deseases, disasters...
Thanks Blue! Some great information and interesting questions. I actually didn't know it was Earth Hour today until I read your blog. I will try and find out what is happening here.
You are back after a trip! :)
I am! I didn't notice Earth Hour in Phuket but I was out and busy all evening. I think a few hotels and restaurants had special events.
Did you do anything special for Earth Hour?
Yes, I did. I turned off all electronic devices (include my mobile phone :) LOL) so I wasn't online in Earth Hour yesterday. :)
Good for you. :)
An hour offline is always nice!